Rethinking Bond Investing
Founder and President, BondSavvy
Saturday, March 9, 2019 at 10:00AM
$5 at the door for everyone. No advanced reservations.
With recent sharp drops in stocks and poor performance of many bond funds, where can you invest to achieve strong returns with a greater level of safety? Individual corporate bonds can achieve both objectives but account for less than 1% of U.S. investor portfolios. Steve Shaw will show you how to invest in corporate bonds and how his active approach can outperform bond funds and traditional bond ladders. Shaw will also discuss how he evaluates corporate bond investments and identifies which individual corporate bonds can outperform the market.
Attend This Meeting and Learn
- Corporate bond investing basics and the advantages these investments have relative to bond funds, muni bonds and stocks
- How to achieve returns higher than a bond’s yield to maturity
- How corporate bonds trade in a competitive marketplace with narrower-than-expected bid/ask spreads
About our Speaker
Steve Shaw founded BondSavvy to show investors how to invest in individual corporate bonds and increase their return on investment.
Steve’s experience over three key areas has prepared him to help people make successful corporate bond investments:
- 20 years of experience analyzing and valuing hundreds of companies and businesses
- Keen understanding of bond markets and trading systems
- Strong performance of his own corporate bond investments
Steve graduated with honors from Penn State University with a BS in Economics.
Steve is a 10-time finisher of IRONMAN triathlons.