Rethinking Emerging Markets:
The Next Decade of Global Growth & How to Capture It
Our speaker this month can only join us virtually, so our meeting will be virtual only. Please join us on Zoom webinar. See Meeting Details below.
Kevin Carter will touch on:
- “This is the beginning of an emerging-market bull cycle” – Morgan Stanley Chief EM strategist Jonathan Garner
- Green shoots for China: dismantling of Covid Zero, regulatory easing, delisting concerns abated
- The 3rd wave of digitization accelerates in India, LatAm and SE Asia
- Why McKinsey & Co CEO is calling this the “India century” & insights from EMQQ Global’s on the ground India research trip
- How traditional broad EM exposure fails investors
With Emerging Markets becoming increasingly important for investors to understand, Kevin’s knowledge will be of timely interest to our chapter’s members.
Some main points:
- What are Emerging Markets?
- The Problems with Emerging Markets Indexes and ETFs
- The largest wave of digitization
- On-the-ground insights on India
Date: Saturday, June 10, 2023
Time: 10:00 a.m. ET (Zoom webinar will open around 9:30)
Location: Zoom webinar only
Virtual access: To register to attend the Zoom webinar, please purchase a ticket on our chapter’s Square account
Cost: $7 electronic payment
About Our Speaker
Kevin T. Carter is the Founder & Chief Investment Officer of EMQQ Global. While he principally considers himself an active “value” investor, he has collaborated with Princeton economist and indexing legend, Dr. Burton G. Malkiel, for more than 20 years. Their work together began in 1999 when Carter founded eInvesting, a pioneer firm in fractional share brokerage acquired by ETRADE in 2000. In 2002 they co-founded Active Index Advisors, a pioneer in “direct indexing” acquired by Natixis Asset Management in 2005. In 2006, their efforts turned to China and Emerging Markets as they launched several China focused ETFs on the NYSE with Guggenheim Partners. Mr. Carter founded EMQQ Global in 2014 and launched The Emerging Markets Internet & Ecommerce ETF (EMQQ) on the NYSE on November 12, 2014.