AAII’s Essential Investing Principles and Strategies
- The meeting will once again begin at 10 a.m. see meeting details below.
- The speaker’s presentation contains some material that will be removed from the recording, so the only way to experience the complete presentation will be to attend the meeting live, either in person or virtually.
- As an incentive to attend the meeting in person, three in-person attendees will receive complementary access to an education class from AAII’s New Video Education Suite. All other attendees, including our virtual attendees, will receive a unique code for a special discount price to help us kick off AAII’s soon to be officially released offering.
- Our speaker has graciously agreed to join us for lunch a local restaurant. RSVP to [email protected] if you are interested in joining us.
Ray Rondeau will present:
- How to evaluate the fundamental principles, basic components, key measurements, and the potential benefits of an investment strategy and then select the one that is right for you.
- Step by step coverage and guidance on a number of market index (mutual fund) and stock related investing strategies, from some of the world’s greatest investors.
- Discover which classic indicators still perform best and which parameters and interpretations should be adjusted for more effective use in our current more volatile market environment.
Long-term successful investors have a plan and the discipline to follow it. And a major component of a successful plan is the effectiveness of the strategies of which it is comprised. In this presentation, Ray will cover a number of investing Strategies and their related aspects and apply them to our current market environment. Focus areas will include strategy reasoning, methodology and interpretation, how to set them up (online for free), historical performance statistics and guidance on monitoring the signals and the where, when and how to transact. And for those that would like to remain after the formal presentation Ray can do an optional segment of “you select them and we dissect them”, where attendees can call out a stock and Ray can analyze it with the analysis techniques and the strategies that we covered.
AAII’s New Video Education Suite is a collection of professionally produced, full-featured interactive investment education classes that are delivered through a comprehensive learning management system. Classes feature numerous experts presenting on a variety of topics in their respective field of expertise. Classes include HD interactive videos, associated tools, supplemental learning materials, bio and contact information, presentation slides and a test with credits accrual, a certificate of completion and additional benefits for those passing.
Date: Saturday, May 13, 2023
Time: 10:00 a.m. ET (mix and mingle starts at 9:30)
Location: Barwell Road Community Center: 5857 Barwell Park Drive Raleigh, NC 27610
Virtual access: To register to attend the Zoom webinar, please purchase a ticket on our chapter’s Square account
Cost: $7 cash (in-person) or electronic payment (webinar)
Before attending in person, please read:
Due to moderate COVID transmission rates, we still encourage to wear a mask during the entire meeting.
If you have COVID-like symptoms, please join us virtually.
About Our Speaker
Raymond A. Rondeau is an investment strategist and senior technical analyst at AAII.
He is the creator of AAII’s Essential Investing video course, developer of AAII’s Essential Investing tools and the author of AAII’s Computerized Investing Classic Technical Indicators series.
Since 1998, Rondeau has given more than 160 educational and instructional lectures at various academic, retail and professional investor events across the country on various trading and investment strategies.
Rondeau’s writing has been published at Systems & Forecast, Yahoo Finance, Forbes newsletters, Kiplinger magazine, Nasdaq.com and ETF.com, where he wrote a weekly investment column called Rondeau’s Roundup. Additionally, he covered many of these topics on his internet radio investment show, Market Mavens, on the UR Business Network.
Rondeau is a TradeStation EasyLanguage and MetaStock developer and programmer of numerous indicators, including Rondeau’s Reversion, kinetic conviction and optimized balance conviction.
He is a member of the NAAIM and CMT Association.
- American Association of Individual Investors (AAII) investment strategist
- AAII senior technical analyst
- Creator & host of AAII’s Essential Investing Principles & Strategies video courses
- Author of AAII Computerized Investing Classic Technical Indicators series
- Developer of the entire suite of AAII’s Essential Investing tools
- TradeStation and MetaStock programmer and proprietary indicator developer
- Former IndexUniverse (now ETF.com) analyst and writer of the weekly column Rondeau’s Roundup
- UR Business Network investment radio talk show host on the Market Mavens program
- Former UR Business Network financial division managing director
- Founder of Q-Primes, providing quantitative professional research and investment management education services
- Articles in Systems & Forecast, Forbes Advisor and Stocks & Commodities magazine
- Featured speaker at MoneyShow, TradersEXPO, National Association of Active Investment Managers (NAAIM) and Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) events
- Academic lectures include classes at the University of New Haven and Cape Cod Community College
- Subject of a featured article in Kiplinger magazine (March 2019)
- Member of the NAAIM
- Member of the Chartered Market Technicians (CMT) Association