The following is a description of our understanding of our relationship with AAII.
The Research Triangle Chapter is a local chapter of AAII that serves the Research Triangle area (Raleigh, Durham, Cary, Chapel Hill, and beyond). Local chapters are:
- part of AAII, which is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) corporation
- run by a board of volunteers, who get no compensation from AAII or the chapter
- required to generate revenues to pay for meeting expenses, such as:
- venue rental and speaker travel expense reimbursement
- equipment such as a projector, a wireless microphone system, and speakers
- other chapter expenses like running a website and purchasing books for our lending library
AAII provides oversight over local chapters by:
- collecting and disbursing funds
- providing financial accounting and performing audits
- giving guidance and norms for running a chapter and its meetings, including speaker presentations
- making sure board members do not use the chapter for personal gain.
AAII also provides several benefits to chapters including:
- access to Zoom webinar/meeting hosting
- liability insurance
- payment of sales taxes
- the means to publicize meetings and communicate with chapter members
- a database of speakers from across the country
For questions and comments, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.